→ 28 May 13 at 2 pm
R.I.P. CHRIS CONO
I am devastated to report that a great rider, racer, organizer and friend passed away yesterday from following a crash during the CBR Public Safety Memorial Day Criterium. Chrisopher “Cono” Contreras was a hugely energetic and motivated person who believed that bike racing should be enjoyed by everyone. He created and organized a popular fixed gear stage race called Fortune 700 which took place seasonally at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. On Wednesday nights, I had the pleasure of training with him many times at Encino Velodrome. He was always great company, enjoyed riding his heart out and loved to introduce others to his passion for bike racing. Chris is survived by his wife and son. He will be hugely missed by his family, friends, fellow riders and Southern California’s cycling culture.
Tragic news, indeed. Never knew the guy, but have admired what he did for the cycling community and for my friends. Ride in Paradise.
- thestandingstart reblogged this from ridetheblackline
- miles-imgs likes this
- shutuplegs likes this
- asiacycles reblogged this from ridetheblackline and added:
- iamryanokeefe reblogged this from ridetheblackline and added:
- kurtz433 likes this
- pelonpsyclone likes this
- echanplus reblogged this from ridetheblackline
- john-anthony reblogged this from ridetheblackline and added:
- pandacycles likes this
- ridetheblackline posted this